Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tea Time

Hi Everyone!

For my first official post, I thought I would share a cute and easy project I put together for my apartment.

First, you should know that I love the thrift shop. I could just look around for hours. You'll see that a lot of my projects use things that I've purchased at the thrift store or Goodwill. In this case, I used a bunch of tea cups and saucers as planters for little cacti.



They really liven up the window sill. I picked cactus plants because, well, they're probably the only plants I can keep alive. My roommates and I have a bad reputation for killing every plant we ever take in. Slightly to the right of the above picture is a planter of shriveled up herbs. We planted them from seeds and they sprouted and we transplanted them into a different pot, and that was the end of them. To the far right, you may be able to see our green onion. Did you know that if you put green onion bulbs in water, the green parts grow right back? Well, we did that but we left it for too long and now it is like a green onion jungle. Green thumbs we are not, which is funny actually that I have worked on a farm before, but that's a story for another time.

Here are a few more pictures of this project.


The whole project only cost around $20, with the tea cups and saucers, the cacti, and the soil. We've had them for about a month now and they are still alive! It you are going to plant something other than cacti, I would probably recommend drilling some holes in the bottoms of the cups for drainage, or putting some pebbles in the bottom of the cups, but I think the cacti are super cute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment